TheatreCloud.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TheatreCloud.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from Friday 25th May 2018.
What we collect
As a visitor to the site, you can engage in many activities without providing any personal information.
However, when you register to the site, we may collect the following information:
- Contact information such as your name, email address and social media handle
- Demographic information such as town, job, preferences and interests
- Profile data, including your username and password
- How you found out about us
- Whether you have seen a Touring Consortium Theatre Company production
Some of this information is mandatory. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity such as participation in creative projects, you will not be able to participate in this activity.
Participation in activities on the site such as creative projects mean we may collect further information from you such as images, video and text (stories, poems, blogs). Participants retain all rights to these but by submitting them, grant and acknowledge our right to publish them as required in promoting the project and in the fulfilment of any awards. We cannot accept responsibility for any misuse of these by a third party.
What we do with the information we gather
Our lawful basis for processing any personal information collected is on a Legitimate Interest. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Administer your account
- Respond to and provide assistance to any requests, questions and concerns
- Meet our research and service development needs to improve our site, service and offerings
- We may use your demographic information (town, job, interests) for evaluative purposes. For example, we may quantify participation in creative projects by different regions/ locations to enable us to understand and improve our strategy and services provided. We will only quantify this data and will ensure no other personal or sensitive information is used in evaluation unless we contact you for your permission.
- If you have provided consent to join our mailing list, we will use the email address provided to periodically send promotional emails and updates about new productions, creative projects or other information featured on TheatreCloud.com, which we think you may find interesting. From time to time, we may contact you by email for market research purposes to help us customise the website according to your interests.
- If you participate in an activity on the site such as a creative project, it may mean it is necessary for us to contact you via email specifically in relation to your submission and any award that is given. We may ask you for further personal information, which enables us to fulfil our commitment to an activity or creative project. This information is not stored beyond the administration process and is only used for this purpose.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
IP address of device(s) used; browser type; operating system and device type; approximate location (e.g. London); access times and dates; and referring website addresses
Links to third party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Additionally, we may embed content or services hosted by third-party websites, who may, in turn, store their own Cookies or collect their own information. Services regularly used on this website include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Google (Analytics, Google Tag Manager, YouTube, Google+)
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active. Your information is needed to provide you access to our services and to fulfil our legal obligations. If you wish to delete your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Choice / Opt out
You may “opt out” of receiving TheatreCloud.com’s email updates and newsletters at any time using the unsubscribe link provided at the end of each email we send. You may also contact us directly by emailing [email protected]. The choice to opt out is also generally made available during the sign-up process.
We will send you service-related announcements including, but not limited to, a registration email and emails automatically triggered by actions you take on the site such as participation in creative projects. You may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option of deactivating your account by emailing [email protected].
Security and protection of your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
The personal information that you provide in connection with the use of the site is protected by the following:
- Access by you to your account is available through a unique password chosen by you. This information is stored on encrypted servers. We encourage you to choose a secure password using a combination of lower and uppercase characters and numbers. We advise you not to store your password insecurely or share it with other individuals.
- Wherever practical we aim to ensure all data is encrypted at input via the website and in transit to the datacentre, keeping a user’s information safe.
Despite these measures, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us.
Controlling your personal information
Upon request TheatreCloud.com will provide you with details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. To request this information, please contact us at [email protected] or in writing addressed to
2nd Floor, 80-81 St Martin’s Lane
London WC2N 4AA
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your personal information – including your account – at any time by contacting support by emailing [email protected]. We will respond to your request promptly within 30 days.
If you have previously provided consent to our mailing list and would like to opt-out, you can do so at any time using the unsubscribe link provided at the end of each email we send. You may also contact us directly using the email address above.
You may also choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not enter information on this site or engage our services. If you believe a child of yours under the age of 18 has entered Personal Information please contact [email protected] to have the data removed and terminate the child's account.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information.
TheatreCloud.com, 2nd Floor, 80-81 St Martin’s Lane, London WC2N 4AA
Attn: Data Protection Officer
2nd Floor, 80-81 St Martin’s Lane London WC2N 4AA